• Parking sensor ideal for Smart City applications in combination with actuators such as Smart Public Lighting and EV-charging stations.
• On-surface parking sensor detecs the presence of vehicles above the sensor.
• Magnetic sensor and 60 GHz radar sensor assure reliable operation with long battery autonomy.
• Low power NB-IoT communication to data back-end.
• Open API enabling Cloud Platform access.
• Over-the-air configuration.
• Integrated NFC connection enabling local control and configuration.
• Battery lifetime up to 5 years.
After mounting, the parking sensor is activated via NFC technology. Its built-in magnetic sensor will continuously monitor changes in the magnetic field caused by the movement of vehicles.
The parking sensor's built-in radar sensor will then confirm when a vehicle is positioned above the sensor. This algorithm ensures optimal use of the battery while maintaining high accuracy. The battery level is periodically monitored and sent to the back-end server at a configurable interval.
The radar and magnetic detection enable operation under extreme weather conditions including sensor cover e.g. leaves, snow,...
The sensor can:
• Detect when parking spots for electric vehicle charging are used by vehicles that are not using the EV charging infrastructure.
• Guide vehicles to the available parking spaces.
• Monitor the occupation of short-term parking spaces to detect parking violations.